What to see at the 80th T.I.F. Greece. (80η ΔΕΘ, οι εκδηλώσεις).
This fall you have a good reason to visit Thessaloniki, Greece.
The 80th International Fair of Thessaloniki (80η Διεθνής Έκθεση Θεσσαλονίκης) opens its gates from September 5 to September 19. Open weekdays from 16:00 to 22:00 and weekend from 10:00-22:00 it lets visitors enjoy a variety of attractions. More than 250.000 visitors from last year cannot be wrong! To celebrate its anniversary, T.I.F. lets everyone who is born in 1980 or is 80 years old to get in for free!
The main pavilions cover exhibitions from Greek and foreign contributors in the areas of food, industry and commerce. Yet, the thematic tributes seem to gather the largest crowds!
– Las Incantadas (Οι Μαγεμένες) or The “Enchanted”,the legendary Caryatids of Thessaloniki return home , although being a copy from the original ones seen in Louvre.
– “The most important inventions and musical instruments of the ancient Greeks” from the Museum of Ancient Greek Technology “Kostas Kotsanas” present great ancient Greek inventions like the robot-servant of Philon.
– Live music appearances by famous Greek artists every night, with fee covered by the low main ticket price, at the YMCA arch.
– 3rd Music Band Festival, held outdoors for new bands.
– Theater Festival for children and teenagers, this year with a competition form.
– Hellenic Motor Museum and (A.Ο.Θ.) AOTH, the Motoring Club of Thessaloniki, present a race cars collection and organize the 48th Rally TIf.
– Cheapart, an exhibition of paintings.
– Chocolate factory and museum (small extra fee needed)
– E-gaming at pavilion 17, considered to be the largest of its kind in the Balkans.
– Mysticon, the 1st Thessaloniki mystery festival.
Family visitors could benefit from a discounted ticket price. Enjoy!
For more Thessaloniki news and videos watch our channel